The data collected will help identify challenges, opportunities, and insights relevant for USDOT safety and rule-making priorities.
Data now available
Visit data.adsforruralamerica.uiowa.edu to access our data portal.
Data is now publicly available for analysis and has been augmented for ease of use. It will be available for five years after completion of the study (until 2028).
Types of data being collected:
- Video data from the safety driver to examine kinematics/performance/workload
- Questionnaire data from the riders regarding trust and acceptance
- Physiological data from riders and safety driver regarding stress/anxiety
- Automation performance data, documenting challenges
- Impacts of environment, such as grip, surface state, surface layer thickness, surface temperature, air temperature, dew point and frost point, relative humidity, and wind speed and direction
- To protect the privacy of our participants, video footage of participants will only be available to those who sign a Data Usage Agreement with the University of Iowa. This requires entities to make a special request and limits their use of the data.